Job Description: Business Development Manager
Location: Wilmington, N.C.
Employee Type: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Report To: Vice President, Business Development
Green Assets is currently in search of highly motivated individual to join our team as a Business Development Manager. Founded in 2010, Green Assets is a leading forest carbon offset development firm. Green Assets provides informed, turn-key project development services to clientele, allowing for profitable conservation activities that help to maintain natural habitats and ecosystems.
The Business Development Coordinator reports to the Vice President of Business Development. The Business Development Manager’s work focuses on the areas of client marketing and vetting, developing presentation and reports for landowners and prospective clients, development of feasibility reports for clientele, reporting on the state of various markets, and general support to the Green Asset core team. (S)he will have exceptional writing and presentation development skills, as well as a thorough understanding of writing thorough research reports in a professional and well-designed, reader friendly format. (S)he should be a self-driven individual, willing to go the extra mile. The Business Development Manager’s principal responsibilities include:
Essential Duties of the Position
- Develops presentations and reports for clientele, team member participation in conferences, other business development engagements, etc.;
- Contributes to the development of various reports, including: feasibility studies, management documentation, client reports, letters, and other business development items.
- Develops and maintains potential client pipeline;
- Completes initial due diligence reporting on potential projects and clients; Develops and creates feasibility presentations and report;
- Develops, tracks, and maintains weekly Market Reports and relevant market news updates;
- Maintains and develops presentation on major market initiatives, and tracks carbon registry enrollment and offset figures;
- Reviews new and potential carbon offset projects for items specified by Green Assets team;
- Maintains and updates website;
- Supports the Green Assets team on an as-needed basis with various tasks pertaining to carbon project development, land management, reporting, data management, contract development, and strategic planning;
- Supports team members with projects, workflow process improvements, and other duties;
- Support team members with charitable ventures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar field;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and familiarity with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Excellent research skills; utilizing both open source materials as well as provided information.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office Suite to develop high-quality presentations (PowerPoint) and reports (Word).
- Desire and ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Flexibility to travel if requested.
- Experience in land management or forestry;
- Desire and ability to rapidly develop expertise in forest carbon offset project protocols;
- Experience with social media familiarity and/or expertise;
- Experience in event planning;
- Sense of humor.
Green Assets provides outstanding compensation and benefits to its employees/team members. The salary range for the Business Development Manager is commensurate with experience/education.
Green Assets is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are seeking one of the most interesting, challenging, and rewarding forestry related positions available, please use contact form to send a letter of interest, resume, writing sample, and three professional references.