Position Description: Verification Coordinator
Location: Wilmington, N.C.
Employee Type: Full Time
Manages Others: No
FLSA Status: Exempt
Report To: Director of Verification
Green Assets is currently in search of highly motivated individual to join our team in our Wilmington, NC office as Verification Coordinator. Founded in 2010, Green Assets is a leading forest carbon offset development firm. Green Assets provides informed, turn-key project development services to clientele, allowing for profitable conservation activities that help to maintain natural habitats and ecosystems. The Verification Coordinator is responsible for guiding carbon credit projects through the verification process. This involves working with the technical team on initial project development, developing the requisite annual reports, supporting the team’s effort to move the project through third-party verification, and working with registries on credit issuance. Associated functions include maintaining accounts with appropriate registries and reporting to clients.
The Verification Coordinator also provides industry analysis by identifying market trends, researching potential regulatory impacts, and assessing the supply and demand for carbon credits.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Project Document Development
- Oversee coordination and development of final project reporting documentation by drafting and consolidating requisite reports, submittals, and responses;
- Ensure all final project documents are submitted to registries and government entities as necessary;
- Maintain record of project deadlines through the Companies’ tracking system and corporate calendars.
- Project Verification
- Solicit and review proposals from appropriate accredited third parties;
- Complete requisite documentation for third parties;
- Strategically plan for verification planning;
- Oversee project verification via coordination with Company team and third parties;
- Coordinate Company team for requisite reports, submittals, and responses.
- Credit Issuance
- Submit Project Files to appropriate registries and government entities as necessary;
- Coordinate with Company team to address registry or governmental review findings for issuances.
- Client Reporting
- Coordinate with Company team to develop client reports.
- Industry and Market Research
- Lead industry reporting for the company;
- Conduct independent research identified by company leadership;
- Track industry conferences and events.
- Supports General Company Tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Maintains compliance with company policies (timekeeping, expense reporting, etc.);
- Maintains effective communications with clients and colleagues;
- Conduct operations with a high level of professionalism.
- Education Requirement – 4-year Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience Requirement – Carbon or Forestry Industry experience preferred
- Strong business acumen, management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to travel within the U.S. (up to 20% of time)
Green Assets provides outstanding compensation and benefits to its employees/team members. The salary range for the Verification Coordinator is commensurate with experience/education.
If you are seeking one of the most interesting, challenging, and rewarding forestry related positions available, please send a letter of interest, resume, writing sample, and three professional references to the contact form.
Green Assets is an Equal Opportunity Employer.